Safety information is available from the Harbour Office, where staff are available to answer your questions. Please use your PW with consideration and follow the advice below:Check local weather conditions and tides. At certain states of the tide the currents are very strong in the harbour entrance and at the launching sites.
- Always wear a buoyancy aid
- Always use your ’killchord’
- Make sure you have some means of attracting attention if you need help
- Tell someone when you will return
- Don’t consume alcohol if you are going to ride a PW
- Keep your craft well maintained
- Keep well clear of the beach where there are swimmers
- When reversing on the slipway, make absolutely sure that your path is clear
- Park your vehicle and trailer considerately, away from the beach
You should be covered for third party risks with a valid insurance policy for up to £2,000,000 per claim.